Help students develop the skills they need to succeed on the MCAS English Language Arts test.
This practice test book is the perfect preparation tool for the MCAS English Language Arts. It covers the Reading Comprehension and Composition sections of the state test.
It contains 6 reading mini-tests to ease students into test preparation and help students develop the reading comprehension skills they will need for the state test. Each reading mini-test gives students practice answering multiple-choice and open-response questions.
It includes 6 focused vocabulary quizzes that cover the vocabulary skills that Massachusetts students need.
It includes a full-length MCAS English Language Arts test. Just like the real grade 4 test, the practice test includes a Composition section where students write an essay, and a Reading Comprehension section.
There is no better way to prepare for the MCAS than to take it!
- Build confidence by using the tests to improve student performance
- Reduce text anxiety by allowing the student to practice taking the MCAS test
- Find out what score a student is likely to get before they take the real state test
- Use the tests in revision so students develop the skills to answer all types of reading comprehension questions
- Use the full answer key and skills list to identify exactly what skills the student is missing
- Use the included teaching notes to ensure that students have a full understanding of the key reading skills that Massachusetts students need